We are aware of the network analysis CPM(Critical Path Method) and PERT (Program Evaluation and Review Technique). Here, we will discuss the objectives and the applications of PERT and CPM.
- A powerful coordinating tool for planning, scheduling and controlling of projects
- The minimization of total project cost and time
- Effective utilization of resources and minimization of effective resources
- Minimization of delays and interruption during the implementation of the project.
Applications of Network Analysis (PERT and CPM)
- Research and Development Project (R and D Projects)
- Equipment Maintenance and hauling
- Construction Projects (Buildings, bridges, and Dams)
- Setting up new industries
- Planning and launching of new products
- Design of plants, machines, and systems
- Shifting the manufacturing location to another location
- Control of production in large shops
- Market penetration programs
- The organization of big programs, conferences etc.